Postpartum Chiropractic Care
A lesser known connection made by many is chiropractic care to new mothers! Can chiropractic care be helpful in the post-partum period? Yes!
What can a chiropractor do for you?
As a woman’s body goes through changes during pregnancy and adjusts to life’s new stressors, chiropractic care can help relieve relief all sorts of tension and help the mother use her body in the best, pain-free way to help her new bundle of joy! What types of treatments are available for postpartum women?
- Ergonomic assessments for everyday tasks that need to be done with a baby (feeding, carrying, changing, nursing, cleaning, and the list goes on!)
- Rehabilitation exercises – the body has gone through an incredible process, and along with physical changes there are also mental challenges that follow. Rehabilitation exercises can help a mother feel her strongest physically and mentally, and give her best self to her new born baby.
- Adjustments & joint mobilizations – any joint restrictions within the entire body can be addressed, and with gentle, painless techniques can be release.
- Soft tissue therapy – a new mother’s muscles have endured a strenuous 9 months carrying a baby, and then delivering often will add to this tension. Getting those stiff, tight, tense muscles worked on will help the new mama feel better when doing the superwoman tasks she needs to get done everyday.
- Education – let’s talk! Talking about stress, daily tasks, sleep, and everything in between helps relieve stress and any questions new mamas have an be well addresses with the chiropractor.
When should you see a chiropractor after giving birth?
You can come as soon as you would like! Some interventions such as exercises may have to be done a little later, as there should be clearance for this from your monitoring health professional. However, many other interventions are still effective on women who have just given birth!
Get booked in today to make sure you are bringing your best self to your new bundle of joy!